Call for Participation [MICCAI Society]
PLEASE CLICK HERE FOR WiM-WILL FLYER
CfP: WiM Inspirational Leadership Legacy (WILL) initiative - MICCAI2021
We are warmly inviting you all to participate to the WILL initiative, which is a premiere competition launched by the Women in MICCAI (WiM) to spotlight our inspirational MICCAI members and to build our community legacy.
Submission link: https://tinyurl.com/wim-will2021
Submission deadline: August 10, 2021
Announcement of the winners: MICCAI awards ceremony
WILL aims at providing a digital platform where MICCAI members can share their career pathways as well as building a playlist/database of our community that will facilitate in providing a bigger picture of our community to the outside world. Participants will share video interviews with inspirational MICCAI members (e.g., supervisor, colleague, young researchers (including Ph.D students), etc) in their fields. An anonymous panel of judges will first review and shortlist the best videos based on the content and interviewer's skills. The top 3 videos will be selected following a public vote and each of the 3 winning teams will receive an award of $300. All competing videos will be made public via the WiM YouTube channel.
- The program is open to everyone (students, postdocs, early career researchers, academics) regardless of their career stage.
- An interviewee can be a person at any career stage (including young researchers and Ph.D students) with inspirational contributions to the MICCAI research fields and society.
- Participants are allowed to make a team of up to 3 members (i.e., interviewers) who will work together towards preparing and conducting an interview with their inspirational interviewee.
- A team can have more than one entry; i.e. more than one interview.
- Each submission should be no less than 10 minutes in duration. Maximum allowed duration is 20 minutes.
- The awards will only be for the participating team and not for the interviewee.
- Aspects to cover in the interview (but not limited to):
- Advice from the heart that the interviewee gives to our research community members (a take-away story maybe).
- Career trajectories, shifts (from academia to industry or vice versa), and development.
- Stories on how the interviewee joined the medical imaging/machine learning community and what inspires them to continue in this field.
- The potential in medical imaging research for newbies.
- The challenges faced at the beginning of their careers, and how it turned to be a motivational story (whether personal or career-wise)
- Sharing success stories/struggles with graduate students and post-docs on publishing manuscripts and/or grant writing.
- Entrepreneurial/Startups challenges that are most commonly faced and tips to overcome them.
- Interviewer skills
- Confidence, preparation, video quality, interview content and interview flow.
We promote and value diversity and inclusiveness in the MICCAI community. The WILL initiative welcomes participants, regardless of age, gender, identity, race, and ethnicity, for both the interviewer(s) and the interviewee.
For further inquiries, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
We look forward to your WILL interviews!
Sophia Bano, University College London, United Kingdom
Marwa Ismail, Case Western Reserve University, USA
Andrea Lara, Universidad Galileo, Guatemala
Islem Rekik (Advisor), Istanbul Technical University, Turkey